Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Sunday: the rest of the day

Today we spent a nice morning at home.  We didn't do anything too special, but finished a game, played some video games, and did whatever.  The snow drift peaked right before we left at 39" right at the stick.  By the time we got home the drift was down.  The drift seemed less steep, so the snow and probably fallen down.  (The picture below was from when I woke up and the drift was at 37.5".)




Also when I woke up I found a crazy scene by baby Jesus.  The Christmas Ruiners had come out and were trying to steal Baby Jesus.  Obviously, the animals were winning, but there was a fight!  One sheep pounced a Christmas ruiner and fell over, which broke its ear off.  The shepherd and the sheep's family brought it to the hospital.


The weather was good enough for us to travel the 10 minutes to Larry and Cheryl's house, but the roads weren't great.  It was nice to have a white Christmas with the snow falling gently in the background though!


Ben helped Joshua put the star on the tree.

We ate brunch first.  It was full of delicious food.  This is probably my favorite traditional meal of the year...I do like all the sweet stuff!  A few things were said that really tickled Isaac's funny bone and it was hilarious to watch.

The only picture I have of opening presents is my new electric knife.  I used it at Thanksgiving and it was amazing.  I'm going to use it to cut everything.  And maybe I'll even make a turkey.  (But I'm going to borrow the roasting dish because I really don't want a huge roasting dish in my house.)  The one I'm most proud of giving is some pie.  At Thanksgiving Scarlet said she had only ever had (or only could remember having) pumpkin pie.  So Joshua and I got her a blueberry and chocolate pie slice from a local bakery. 

The last funny thing from the day was that I asked Joshua to get me a fork at dinner time.  He gave me one, and I continued talking.  A few minutes later I picked it up only to find it was a gigantic serving fork!  It was nice of him to get me one, but Ashlyn was also kind enough to sneakily get me the correct kind.




No comments: