Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday: no talking day, Leprechaun day

1. Today was my no talking day for karate.  Well, eight hours.  It was not too bad, although it was a bit more annoying than I was expecting.
*It turns out that my kids don't understand my hand gestures well.
*It is rather hard to write/text in real time during conversations.  
*I also tried not to talk to the cats; that was rather hard
*My conclusion is that even though I was able to communicate easily, the time it takes to do so was often prohibitive.  (Although if this was a permanent condition I think several things would change, so I need to remember that too.)

2. As Joshua calls it, "Happy Leprechaun Day!"  The kids were surprisingly into wearing green.

3. Our evening discussion was surprisingly productive:

It is probable that the mythological dragons were actually ruminant animals whose methane breath would ignite causing the perception that they breathed fire.

Abstract:
Dragons are legendary creatures that have puzzled researchers and enthusiasts for generations. Throughout history, dragons have been described as having the ability to breathe fire, and although it was commonly assumed that this ability was a mere myth, this paper will explore the possibility that it is based on fact. In this article, we propose that the mythological creatures known as dragons could be ruminant animals whose methane breath would ignite, thereby causing the perception that they breathed fire. This paper presents an analytical review of this theory, including both scientific and historical evidence to support this claim.



No comments: