Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday: snow day

I was awoken early this morning with a phone call saying that it was a snow day.  I knew we were getting a fair amount of snow, but I wasn't expecting a snow day.  Honestly, I was hoping it wouldn't be a snow day as I had things to do.  My things to do were just around the house but they were also by myself.


And so, I found myself rather grumpy today.  Hopefully I didn't take it out on the kids too much, but I know I did a little bit.  To be fair, they did do some stupid things.  Isaac was going to put the hair on his hat for wax museum.  I said everything was in a bag in his room.  He found the hat and then was wondering where the yarn was...I don't think he even looked before asking.

The kids did play outside for quite a while because the snow was amazing.  It was light and fluffy while still packing well.  Isaac made a climbing snowman.  Joshua emptied out a section of the lawn of snow, but we forgot to get a picture of that.


In the afternoon when everyone was grumpy (except Isaac, and I think he should have felt more remorseful because he did something mean to Joshua (but I don't know what that mean thing was)) we went rock climbing.  It took a little bit, but it did shake off all the resentment.  Yesterday I was helping Isaac do an elimination game: every time I get to choose a hold that he can't use anymore on a route.  In this case, it was the blue route.  Isaac told me my goal was to make it so he couldn't climb the route anymore.  Challenge accepted!  I told away most of the initial foot holds thinking that would make me win.  He came back to it today and kept working on it and eventually got it!  Joshua did something similar with a green route and had a really good time.


I had black belt boot camp tonight.  Honestly, I am really enjoying boot camp.  We go quickly through a lot of stuff and it's fun to remember everything (even if I can't remember all of it well) and it's a good workout.

No comments: