Wednesday, March 1, 2023

vacation Wednesday: leaving

We had an evening flight so we had most of the day to enjoy.

We had a delicious breakfast first.  And saw some friends.





Afterwards we went back to the room and I took a nap.  I wasn't feeling terrible, but I also wasn't feeling normal.  The kids had some reading and screen time.

Around the time I woke up it was getting close to lunch.  We went to the pool for a while and ate there.  I came back about 20 minutes before everyone else and finished packing.  Packing to go home is so much easier because everything is close and all I have to do is find everything, not decide I need it and find it.

We flew out of the small Orlando airport and it definitely was a small regional airport!  There was no line for security.  There also weren't many food options, so we ended up getting a bunch of snacks.  The kids were excited about it.  This airport also had the coolest faucets I've ever seen.  They were wide, and on the left was the soap dispenser, then in the middle was the water, and the on the right was a blower.  The blower blew right into the sink which seemed so smart.

The flight was about 40 minutes late, but we didn't have a connection so it worked out.  I had pjs and toothbrushes in the carry ons, so the kids got ready before we left the airport.  They fell asleep in the car and only needed to move themselves to their beds once we got home.  It was around midnight when I crawled into bed.  I had been hoping for closer to 11pm, but it at least wasn't too far off.

1 comment:

betsy said...

We also love that breakfast. You did all the best things on this trip! 😍