Monday, November 6, 2023

Monday: grocery adventures

It felt like I got a lot done today.

I started at the grocery store.  I didn't go last week, which turned into a problem as we had less and less fresh food.  Well, baby carrots were on sale and they were the small size, so I got five bags.  (I also try to stock up when they're smaller.  I don't know why they aren't always a uniform size, but some weeks the baby carrots are noticeably larger than other weeks.)

I also stocked up on 100 grand for Isaac.  It turned out they were classified as Halloween candy and were on sale for more than advertised: $.53/bag.  I almost went to get more, but we still have some from last year because he was rationing them well.

There was no iced tea for spice tea, so I ended up making a walmart order for 7 jars of the stuff to get the free shipping.  It'll take me a little bit to get through that much, but not as long as one might expect.

Grocery shopping with the new phone was annoying.  I'm pretty sure there were many things that I missed and will realize in the coming weeks.

At home several things got done too.  Several little things, but the Christmas lists are almost finished.  Adding a few more things for the kids took longer than I expected, but we also have a nice assortment of ideas.

Joshua won the moral focus award for Respect this month.  (Isaac did too, but he couldn't even remember what the award was for when asked.)


And a nice photo from the field trip came through:



No comments: