Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Wednesday: special Mom ability

 Growing up, Mom could always look at me and instantly know if something was wrong.  It was never surprising that she could do this, but it did always feel like magic.

Turns out I have that special touch too.  I think I've had it in the past, but it's been rather obvious since the school year started.  I can tell how Isaac is feeling the instant I pick him up at school.  (To be fair, I can often do this with Ben the second he walks in the door from work.  I would assume with Joshua too, but I haven't noticed it like with Ben and Isaac.)

Nothing has been terrible.  Today the last fifteen minutes of class were not ideal (for reasons with which I agreed and commiserated with him about).  He has a cold.  It's been a weird cold because he's been sick for a two to three days, then he'll be better for five, then the cold will be back for a few days.  He was also feeling a bit overwhelmed with his school work and really sad that he didn't have any time to read at school.

Well, I can take care of one of those needs easily.  He obviously needed a break anyway, so I sent him off to go read with his snack.  When he came out of his room 45 minutes later, he was ready to go.  He progressed well on his school work.  I'm not so sure that it should be overwhelming this week, but he also has two interim tests tomorrow that he isn't looking forward to taking.  There seems to be no study guides for them, so we'll see how they go I guess.


No comments: