Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thursday: kicks

 I was at karate and we were practicing assorted double kicks.  (Roundhouse --> spinning hook, roundhouse - hook).  I wasn't doing great, but my partner was nice.  Then we got to "start as a front kick but after the chamber change to a roundhouse".  I did it a few times and then my right leg felt weird.  We switched and she did it several times while I was wondering about my leg.  We switched back.  I did it one more time and it was a mistake.  My whole leg went slightly numb.  Not as bad as when a leg falls asleep, but enough that I needed to stop.  Within about fifteen minutes there was just a ghost numbness - it might have been my brain over-feeling by that point.

In any case, it was rather weird.  I've never had my leg suddenly go numb like that.  It was a bad night for injuries - real and imagined.  There were only 12 students and three went off the floor at some point for assorted reasons.  Usually we can go weeks without any injuries.

No comments: