Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Tuesday: snow

 I came out of work today to go run around town...first to pick up Joshua, then Isaac, then to rock climbing.  But wait a minute!  There was a ton of snow on the ground!  I knew some snow was expected, but I was expecting flurries.

It takes a few minutes longer to get to Joshua than I was hoping, but not too bad.  BUT THEN!  I sat in the parking lot trying to get out for twenty minutes.  I was about ready to strangle someone.  There didn't seem to be the normal traffic directors and everyone was going slow because of the snow and I don't think people were "merging" nicely.  I didn't let anyone cut in ahead of me after the first ten minutes.  I know it was a bit mean but they also weren't trying to get through the line from the very back of the parking lot, letting everyone in.  If I had picked Joshua up the other way I could have been out in ten minutes.  For reference, it usually takes about three minutes.

So I was about a half hour late picking up Isaac by the time I dealt with the slow traffic on the way to get him.  Now, the teachers were super nice about it and the kids were nice about it and I knew he was safe, but I couldn't quite get out of my own head.  Almost.  I almost calmed down, but not quite.

We went to rock climbing and the driving conditions had improved a lot by that time.  Joshua used Isaac's guest pass for the month...he enjoys being belayed due to the fun drops I can give him on the way down.  I don't blame him as I do try to make them fun.

The kids played outside for a little bit before dinner.  They tried to cover up the front window with snow, but it kept sliding off.




No comments: