Monday, October 16, 2023

Monday: day off

The kids didn't have school today.  I forgot that fact several times, but managed to not send them to school this morning.  We went to the karate school this morning so the kids could play with the obstacle course.  They played with it for two hours, so it was a good morning activity.  I played with them a little bit and managed to pull a muscle in my neck.  It's already starting to get better.

Then we decided to get donuts.  I didn't want to go to Meijer because they don't have my favorite.  We went to one place and they were closed on Mondays.  We went to a second place and they were well picked over with just a few boring ones left.  We ended up making orange cinnamon rolls at home; they were delicious.

The rest of the day was pretty normal.  Screen time, rest time.  Last night I was reading to the kids and the story got pretty scary so we forwarded to the end of the chapter.  Today we backed up, read the scary part in the daylight, and then continued with the story a bit.

I got a few chores done throughout the day.  During laundry, Tornado 'hid' under the bed.  Horizon was nice to his brother and didn't pounce on his tail.




No comments: