Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Wednesday: watermelons and Catan

 For the third year Isaac has tried to grow watermelons.  This was our best quantity year, although we still haven't mastered getting a watermelon larger than a baseball.


Surprising me, he ate some of them anyway.  Well, at least a scoop of them.

We also started a game of Catan last night and it was going very poorly for me.  We always tell the children to be good sports, but this game always seems to have one person that isn't enjoying themselves.  We finished it up tonight and it was memorable in two ways. 1) It is probably the shortest game of Catan I've ever played.  Ben had a strong start but so did Isaac, and Isaac continued to get good rolls the whole time.  2) It is probably the worst game I've ever had.  I was just starting to make progress tonight after nothing last night and the game was done.  I ended up with 3/10 points (and you start with two points!).  

No comments: