Monday, October 23, 2023

Monday: colonoscopy

This morning I didn't do much.  A little bit, but I also just sat around a lot.  We finally got to the hospital and things went smoothly.  It turned out that the prep that I did had a high chance of bad side effects, but I luckily didn't have any.

I had a clear colonoscopy with no polyps.  So I get to do it again in five year.  I did wake up at the very end as they were taking the oxygen back off and I jumped when I woke up.  (This is how I normally wake up, honestly.)  They just pushed me back down and laughed a bit.  I don't remember going to the room, but woke up for good when we arrived.  I heard the doctor's report, drank my apple juice, and we got on our way.  They told us it would take a total of about two hours and they were very accurate.

Pat and I picked up the kids after a lunch for me and then I took a nap.  My intestines are still gurgling a bit, but at least I'm able to eat again.

No comments: