Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Tuesday: cheese, nice!

Last night Isaac (and I) were working on his last page of math.  All the pages are self-checking: there is a riddle and by solving the math problems correctly you get the answer.  The question was "What did one cow say about the other cow?"

There were a few math issues to fix, but those were taken care of easily because the answer wasn't in the answer bank.  We still ended up with CHSNIC.  Well, that seems wrong.  After a bit more searching we found that Isaac had removed all the Es when he shouldn't have, so we ended up with Cheese, nice.  Hmm.  Well, those are two actually words.  Cheese comes from milk comes from cows.  Maybe it's right.  Isaac elected to just turn it in instead of asking Ben.

Isaac got all the points on the homework, so apparently "Cheese, nice" was correct.  We joked about it a few times and then were telling it to Ben after dinner.  

Ben,  immediately: Did you say, 'she's nice'?

Amanda: no, 'cheese, nice'

Ben: right, "She's nice"

Isaac and Amanda, minds blown: OOOH!

We should have talked to Ben, although now we have a joke.


******************

Our painter, Rene, is doing our deck soon.  He texted me today to say that he'd be power washing today.  I responded, no problem.  A bit later I get an apology from him: 

"Please forgive me Amanda I forgot to mention that my son is power washing right now so you see somebody out there that's not me it's my son thank you"

I snarkily responded: "I'll admit, since people so rarely just come to power wash my deck I would have assumed the person was sent by you. :). But thanks for the heads up."

He laughed at that.

No comments: