Friday, August 9, 2024

vacation Tuesday: busy and not busy

The morning started out with some private lessons at the FlowRider.  There were only four people and some really good instructors, so it was worth it and everyone was having fun.  However, then Isaac's swimsuit got caught in the thing.  While he was in the spray and able to breathe, the top lifeguard had to go and pick him up.  Isaac shook it off and continued.  The next time it was Isaac's turn the same thing happened!  This time the lifeguard wasn't able to pick him up and they had to e-stop the FlowRider.  His swimsuit had gotten more caught, to the point of a small bruise later on in the day, and they had to wait for it to be fixed.  No one was quite in the mood after that and so they canceled the rest of the lesson.







The good instructors continued on the FlowRider once the park opened, so Ben and Isaac continued waiting in line and trying standing up.  Isaac had a really good stand-up ride, about 15-20 seconds.  Joshua and I went around on some of the other rides, but it was really busy in the park.  It was a bit unexpected because it was a Tuesday.  Ben said he felt a little bad standing in the long line for the FlowRider, but honestly, it was about the same wait time as several of the other rides.  Joshua and I would see Ben ride, go to our ride, ride it, come back (possibly via the Lazy River), and see Ben ride again.  It was a bit odd how well it worked out.

We had lunch with Zach and Jenny.  The kids interacted really well over Minecraft, even though there was a large age gap.  


We went to Tom Foolery's after lunch.  Again, it was a bit busy but we did the high ropes course.  I wanted to do the rock wall but decided I didn't want to wait in line.  We all did a piano arcade game and I got a high (daily) score!  It was pretty exciting for me.  We also did the button pushing game together as a family - we were all on the same color and got another high score! 








Joshua and I finished up our scavenger hunt.  It took us several trips to finally find the last item as we kept running out of time.  It was in the farthest away building's lobby...we were originally going to be there but then they changed our room to be much closer.  Thank goodness...it was probably about a ten minute walk to the water park from that area.

At this point I needed a break so we went to the room for rest time.  We had a special treat.  I slept a bit, as did Joshua.  We decided to go to the outdoor waterpark and see if the big ride didn't have too long of a line - maybe we would ride it once or twice.

It ended up being the best part of the vacation for me!  The weather was warm, but there were clouds.  The water was much warmer than Sunday.  It was about dinner time, so there were few people around.  We rode the big one twice and had a great time on it.  We moved over to the other water slide area and did some of the double tubes a few times.  Then I said I was going to go on the body slide and the boys did the single tube funnel.  I probably did the body slide seven times while they were doing the tubes.  I would steadily walk up the stairs, there would be no one at the top and so I'd go right down!  By the third-ish time of this I was a bit winded as I was motioned down, but I went anyway!  After a bit we did a round of the mat slide and then suddenly the park was closing.  It was a lovely hour and a half, and I think we figured out that I did about fourteen rides.  (The boys probably did about ten...tubes are slower to deal with and they all waited for each other on the top and bottom.)

We headed back to Tom Foolery's after a dinner of leftovers in the room.  There was a 3D shooting game that I somehow got first place in!  I usually do very poorly on those things.  We did a few arcade games too, but then called it a night.



No comments: