Thursday, August 27, 2026

Thursday: first day of school

Everyone made it through the first day of school.  For the most part I got "fine" reports, which, for the first day of school, is good.  Let's be honest - the first day of school is not that fun.  Teachers introduce themselves, classroom policies are discussed, and you just try to figure out where you need to be.

Joshua might have had it the worst because he has one teacher three times, but since it is with different students each time the teacher had to do the introduction each time.

Joshua enjoyed being with different students all the time. Besides that I think things were pretty normal.

Isaac made it through the day.  He talked to a few people that he recognized, but not many.  He said AP calc was probably the best class, partially because the rest of the students were more relaxed and they played some games.  Hopefully more classes will have "get to know each other" tomorrow.  The bus home was quite a bit later than it should have been; we'll see if it is a normal problem or just a first day problem.  The worst class seemed to be Team Sports because the teacher took a while to get started and there were a lot of students in the class.

I remembered Isaac's first day pictures.


I forgot Joshua's, so we decided to do them tomorrow.  However, I took a picture of him in the car.



No comments: