Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Tuesday: the day

 Joshua took a pretty picture of the sunrise.


Isaac and I tried to go rock climbing this morning but M/T/W mornings are only open if workers are there and they weren't there.  It was a bit disappointing but we'll go tomorrow.

We had lunch with Dad and Pat.  The food was delicious and we were able to sit outside because it was cloudy and not too hot.

Isaac and I went to high school registration after that.  It went better than I was expecting, and I was expecting it to go pretty well.  His picture turned out great on the first try.  I had done all my on-line homework, so all the fees were paid and papers signed.  He picked up his schedule and Chromebook and we could have left then, about fifteen minutes after we started.  It wasn't busy at all.

However, since neither of us has ever been throughout the high school, we decided to find his classrooms.  We'll do it again in a week, but after walking it today it will be important to do it twice.  Oh my goodness.  The number of times Isaac brought us to the wrong classroom was hilarious.  He always got the right building, the correct floor, and the correct last digit of his room, but could not get the tens digit correct.  There was a lot of "here it is!"  and I would say, "I thought you said room ###."

That being said, besides being in two different buildings the high schools felt smaller than I was expecting.  Yes, they are large.  But no, Isaac is not going to run a marathon between classes to get to the right spot all the time.  In fact, two classrooms are kitty-korner from each other.

The other good news is that he has intro to art on his schedule!  He has to take that before he can take any other art class, and we were told it can be hard to get into.  Also, he has his PE class as one of his classes in the fall semester so he should have a slightly easier semester.

I had a ton of raspberries to pick tonight.  I was supposed to have picked yesterday, but the day got away from me.  


And finally, some Aunt gave the boys a ton of little yellow ducks to hide around the house.  It's been so much fun finding them.  The boys are old enough that they hid them really well so we're only finding a few at a day.  I took a picture of two of them below, not realizing that at the top of the picture you can see another one hiding...I found that one later in the day.



No comments: