Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Tuesday: Isaac's bedroom

This morning Isaac was ready to rearrange his room.  Since we had several of the furniture items out of the room for the carpet cleaning, it was a good time to move things around.  He had been trying a few options that weren't working well.

In order to make things fit, we needed to take off a bifold door.  His bifold doors have always been a bit of a problem - they're really sticky so most of the time they're open.  So removal was not a hard decision.

We got three of the four corners free but could not figure out how to get the forth one.  Eventually we thought that the thingy might be stuck in the plastic holder.  We decided to take off the other bifold door and then take off the railing.

We got three of the four corners free for the other bifold door.  We were starting to get more serious about destruction when it suddenly popped off in my hands.  I had been holding it and moving it around a little bit, but I wasn't doing anything amazing, so I was rather surprised when it was suddenly free.  It was exciting though.

Isaac started unscrewing the rail.  I was holding the other bifold door.  Pop!  That door was free.  Again, I don't know what caused it to become free, but we were all quite glad that it did. The rest of the room change was rather trivial after that.  We took out drawers of the dresser and it was a bit lighter than expected.  The desk fit in just fine.  It extends over the corner of the wall by less than a half inch, so Isaac shouldn't run into it.

When we bought the house, there were six bifold doors.  I've now removed five.  I'm not a fan.

No comments: