Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday: unemployed

Well, I am now officially unemployed, at least for now. Needless to say, it was a rather hard day.

Let's see...

*I started out the day by stopping by the office of one of my old coworkers. She was my official "buddy" when I started and helped me with the ropes. It's been a while since we've had a chance to talk, so that was nice.
*Then I had an exit interview. It went faster than I expected and they didn't ask any hard questions. Phew.
*I had an extra hour before I needed to go to my normal work location, so I went to the fabric store. Once I get the cloth washed, I'll be starting to work on this quilt. I won't be using all the colors in the picture below, but I think they're rather pretty bundled like that.
*Then I had to go to my normal work location. I was doing ok until my tech lead started telling me how much of an asset that I've been and that I was truly a part of the family. I then had to say good bye to everyone else and it didn't go all that well. I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on them.
*I ended up having a long lunch with Jess after that. It made me much happier. The conversation just flowed.
*I went back to work to turn in my computer and badge. But they had already turned my badge off, so I had to keep calling people to get in the facility.
*Flurry and I took a nap. It's how I de-stress and was greatly needed
*Ben and I went to see "Limitless" in the movie theatre. It was pretty good, except for a few really dumb parts. Like when he's in the middle of NYC and suddenly can't get cell service because the guys are there.

3 comments:

betsy said...

Sorry about the rough day. I can't imagine leaving my job either. But on a happier note, there are lots of people in Michigan who can't wait for you to arrive here! :) P.S. Love the rainbow-organized fabric :)

sailor42 said...

I'm guessing that there are tons of things that need to get taken care of, so I bet you are not twiddling your thumbs now that you are unemployed

Amanda said...

Nathan - I have a long list of things to do, but since the movers are packing us I haven't been too busy. Yet.