Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday: dreams, food, and Benadryl

I woke up in the middle of a dream this morning. I was in school. It felt like late high school because I was riding a bus. In English, we were studying "The Metamorphosis" and had to write a paper comparing and contrasting Gregor Samsa (i.e., the guy who turns into a cockroach) (yes, I had to Google what his name actually was) to a real person. Except the only person I could think of was the Beast from "Beauty and the Beast", so I was trying to figure out how I could convince the teacher to let me use him.

In other news, today was a great day in our house for finishing off food! We finished off a yogurt, a box of noodles, a can of white sauce, a can of red sauce, a can of chicken, a box meal of fried rice, the last of our eggs, a bag of tortilla chips, and the Coke. While we won't be able to finish everything that we have in the fridge, we are making pretty good headway.

We gave Flurry some Benadryl today to see if it would help sedate her for the upcoming car ride. It didn't. It actually seemed to make her slightly more alert, which the vet said could happen. So instead of taking a nap this afternoon with me she cleaned herself. We will be trying some different medicine tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments: