Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday: VBS

Today I started helping out with VBS (Vacation Bible School).  There were 606 kids there today...maybe a few more if some skipped the registration table.  Needless to say, it was controlled chaos.  But, they did a really good job with it.

It was all morning and I'll admit, I wasn't really looking forward to it.  Spending time with kids, especially kids that I don't know, isn't one of the things that I love to do.  But I think that this is a very important ministry and the children's ministry is one of the reasons that Ben and I chose this church, so I figured I should volunteer.

I wouldn't say that it was super-awesome fun, but it also wasn't too bad.  We didn't spend much time doing any single thing, so that did help the morning fly by as we were moving from one place to another.  There was down time, so I went to the nursery during that time.  Isaac had just finished eating and was asleep, but I think that tomorrow I'll ask that they don't feed him...he was a little cranky when we got home and I don't know if it was from being with strangers all morning or if he just didn't get a good nap.

Here's a bad picture of me from the website.  They were snapping photos left and right, so I'm surprised this one made the cut.  The child doesn't look happy and I don't think I look all that excited either.


1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

What a gob of kids! You look fine, but that girl looks mad. :)