Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday: 13.8

Today was the last day of VBS.  I'll admit, by the end of the week I decided that 5th graders weren't so scary.  They are mostly just excited.  Excited to do everything.  Sing, play duck-duck-goose, pass out the pencils, make the craft, have a snack, and run around the sanctuary.

One thing they were excited about was trying to break the speed record for the memory verse.  We went around in a circle and every person said one word.  For the record, the Bible verse is "For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgement." 2 Timothy 1:7.  Two days ago we did it in 19.2 seconds.  Yesterday we got to 19.1 seconds.  Today we beat that twice, ending with 13.8 seconds.  If I'm saying it by myself I say it at a normal speed in 8.2 seconds...but it's harder with more people.  The last time we went around was really pretty smooth.  I stopped it there, because I really didn't think we'd get much faster and I wanted to end on a win.

No comments: