Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday: this and that

I was so awake last night.  I usually try to go to bed around 11, and tried to do so again last night.  But after repeated attempts to fall asleep, I just got up.  I think it took me until at least 3am to fall asleep.  I'm wondering if the "late" night iced teas had unexpected caffeine in them.  The baby was also super wiggly, so that didn't help either.  Even Ben couldn't get him to calm down.

But the day went well despite the lack of sleep.  Isaac's been asking to play in the sand all week, so we did that first thing.  (Part of the reason we haven't done it is rain, but the other half is that I just get busy and don't want to stop whatever I'm doing.  And I don't enjoy going outside in the heat of the day.)  Anyway, we ended up spending about two hours out there and the weather was very nice.  Isaac wanted to go in the deep water so we walked out a bit.  But I made him walk himself (while holding his hand), even though he wanted me to carry him.  He got about up to his belly button before he was done.  I was curious as to how far he'd go out.

We also took the baby's crib apart and moved it out of Isaac's room.  Isaac removed about 1/3 of the bolts by himself...I was rather proud.  I would have set it up in the baby's room, but that room is currently a disaster.  I'm hoping it'll get more manageable within the next week or so as things move out.  I've been working on it, but I seem to put more stuff in it lately than I take out.

No comments: