Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday: home

We made it home.

We spent some nice time in the morning playing games and in the pool.  Then we packed everything up and ate a nice lunch, being sad that our vacation was about to end.

We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare.  The spot Ben sat in was really hot, so I made him move.  The whole trip home was rather hot; I think I was cool for only part of one airplane ride.  Anyway, I slept a bunch on the first airplane ride.  Ben decided to just check and see if there was an earlier flight out of Detroit and there was!  It had two seats open and the flight we were booked for was overbooked by two, so they didn't make us pay either.  On top of that, our luggage managed to make it to the correct plane so I don't need to go pick it up tomorrow!

Ben woke Isaac up (although I'm not sure how asleep he was) when we got back and he hopefully said, "Dad's back?" and gave Ben a big hug.  Then he wanted to sit with me in the chair for a bit and after a few minutes said, "Miss Mama."  Aww.  My heart melted a bit.

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

So sweet! Precious little boy!