Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday: VBS

I'm volunteering this year again at Vacation Bible School.  I always tell the coordinators they can put me where ever, and this year I ended up as a craft helper.  (They knew I was pregnant and needed to be somewhere that I wasn't too critical.)

The time went a lot faster than I was expecting.  We pre-folded some boxes which ended up being a smart move - the craft took the whole time even with the boxes folded.  And the kindergartners and first graders wouldn't have been able to do it...once I had folded five it was easy, but if you only have one to fold it would be hard.  There were three groups of kids...it was interesting to see how much a year or two in age changed what they were able to do.  And in between the kids we had clean up and re-setting up and figuring out how to make it work better.  One change we made was increasing the space between the tables.  I was trying to help some kids during the first session and just felt like my belly kept getting in the way.

Isaac was in nursery during this time and I think they ran him hard...we both took very good naps.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Yay for naps! :-)