Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday: day 1

Today was Joshua's first full day in the real world...I think it went well. We had a relaxing early morning and then the influx of people started...for about two hours it was one person after another.

Around 1pm I was asked to switch rooms because they had an influx of six people coming in and were running out of delivery rooms. That was fine with me. They transferred me out at a brisk pace. They weren't running, but they were far from dilly-dallying either.

We had our celebration dinner at night...and poor Joshua didn't get to eat any of it. Isaac showed up after that; he had been having too much fun at Grandma's house to be bothered to come any earlier. He did well reading the books for about thirty minutes and was then ready to go. He did help me read "dear zoo" to Joshua and that was fun.

We also had several visitors throughout the day: Betsy and Leah, dad and Pat, Jon and Nicole, and Derek, Julie, and Abby. Just the right amount to keep the day interesting but not overwhelming.

More pictures to follow...I don't have a good way to get them on the ipad anymore.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're getting more sleep than the times of your last couple of posts would indicate =D

Glad to hear Isaac is managing well. Good luck getting home and settled.

--Dusty