Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thursday: bran muffins

Back story: we had previously made some bran muffin mix, so we just needed to put it in the muffin tins, add raisins, and bake it.  Joshua woke up (from a 2.5 hour nap without any wakeups...a first!) and needed to be fed, so I told Isaac to put in the muffin cups.

Then I hear silverware being rattled.  I figured if he really was putting the muffin mix in that was fine...what was the worst he could do?  Here's what I found when I came out of Joshua's room.  (Spoiler: I caught him just in time.)




And in case you don't understand Isaac-speak:
A: "Hey Isaac, what are you doing now?"
I: "Doing that thing now."
A: "What is that thing?"
I: "It's Sugar!"  (Important note: it's SALT)
A: It's sugar?  What are you going to do with the sugar?
I: "I'm going to pour some in [measuring or baking] cups.

But really, I was impressed with his initiative, even if execution wasn't quite right.  He also enjoyed putting raisins on.



I tried to get Joshua to smile, but he was having none of it.  This hat, courtesy Grandma Menkveld, worked very well.  It went over his eyes once or twice, but actually stayed on.

No comments: