Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday: direction

As most days, we pulled two items out of the jar: "return pop cans" and "go to the pool".   The pop cans were good...our box was overflowing and they really needed to be returned.  Isaac really likes the machines too.  (Although, as always, I forgot to use the refund money on the shopping trip.)  Going to the pool didn't excite me quite as much because it was cool out, but we could make it happen.  Isaac was excited about it.

Then Betsy suggested going to a pool by their house since guests get in free on Mondays.  At first I was hesitant because it was cool and cloudy by us, but she said it was warm and sunny over by her.  We ended up eating lunch at home first and then going.

It was perfect!  The sun was out and the water was warm.  Isaac had on his puddle-jumper and does a vertical doggy paddle.  He said he was doing "oval-U-turns."  (Have I mentioned he really likes U-turns?)  Basically he would wade in the pool, then go over to the deeper end, get out over there, and walk back to the shallow part.  Rinse and repeat.  It tired him out enough to take a nap.  Hooray! We might have to do the lunch then pool thing again.

Let's see...I feel as though it was a really good day.

In the morning Isaac told me that I only get one kiss per day.  But then he gave me 26 more at bed time.

Joshua was rather clingy, which was a bit hard at the pool but means that he loves me.

I needed to pick up some Entermann's donuts today.  There was a sale at Meijer so there were only two variety pack boxes left.  I love the chocolate ones.  I debated, since finding them later would be annoying, but decided it would be worth it.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Yes it was so fun! let's do it again! :-)