Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday: ups and downs

Today we drew "insect hunt" and "dust" from the hat.  I thought Isaac would enjoy dusting more...there's a cool mitten, it really doesn't take that long, etc.  No.  It felt like pulling teeth and involved tears.  Sigh.  He hasn't taken a nap the last few days and I can tell.

We found a bug while dusting.  Dumb ants.  Why do they think they can be in the house?

We went to the nature center to look for more bugs.  It sort of worked.  Joshua was kind of in a mood.  But we saw some water striders.

(Looking over the edge at the water striders.)

Another bug.  I also thought that taking pictures of the insects would be more appealing to Isaac, but he didn't seem to care.

At the end we sat by the pond for a few minutes.  There were a bunch of turtles.  Isaac and Joshua changed places.

Joshua sat up several times when it was nap time.  Needless to say, this is not conducive to sleeping.  I haven't seen him do this anywhere except in the crib yet.  Isaac started crying after Joshua woke up because "Joshua wants to watch Ipad" and I said no.  Because Isaac really wanted more Ipad time, even if it was playing games designated for Joshua.  Sigh.  There were a lot of tears over dumb things today.

We played racquetball this evening.  I'm right handed and have the racket in my right hand, but several times my left arm hurt after hitting the ball.  Ben told me I'm doing it wrong.

And finally, my smart move of the day: deconstructed spinach salad.  Isaac will happily drink his spinach, but won't touch it otherwise.  So we blended it up.  (He actually drank about half before racquetball and finished the rest with dinner.)  Then he just put the toppings in a bowl to eat.


No comments: