Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday: a good day

Today worked.  It doesn't always happen, but is so nice when it does.

The day started out.  Isaac was enjoying playing with his rock crayons.  Not coloring with them, as one might expect, but moving them in and out of the box and divider.  Joshua was enjoying playing with a ball and a balloon and in Isaac's room.  So I enjoyed actually getting a few chores done without people waiting for me to do something with them.


Then Joshua went down for a nap so Isaac and I did the work activity...put up a curtain in the guest room.  We had drawn this once before and only managed to get the pieces, but this time we got it up.  Isaac did a good job helping...handing me stuff, plugging in the extension cord, and putting the curtain on the rod.

Here is his photo of the finished product:

and here is mine.  Black balloon had taken on a personality at some point within the project and wanted his picture taken too.


Our fun activity was water colors.  I thought that Joshua might enjoy it too, but he didn't.  I think I took him away from a balloon he was really enjoying chasing and never made the transition.  After putting him back on the floor to play I made triangles.

Isaac attempted triangles too, but some of them got silly.

Finally, I noticed this on an invoice today...hmm, I thought I had rotated it.  Anyway, the name says "Amanda Killgore."  I think I'm going to give that surname to Amalle, my WoW character.  It seems appropriate as she is a healer and really wants to kill gore.  But it still sounds menacing.

No comments: