Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday: life

This morning started with Isaac saying clever things, such as "I like socks when I'm not wearing them" and something else that we can't remember.

Today Isaac drew "make a volcano" and "declutter your room".  We started with the decluttering by taking many of his toys out of his bedroom.  I ignored his dresser since I know he still plays with all those toys.


He got all the stuff out and I was wondering about my plan.  The house was already a disaster; this wasn't helping.  But it was too late, everything was already out.  Then we put it all back in and Isaac had to decide if he wanted to keep it in his bedroom or not.  We disagreed about a few things, but for the most part we compromised or I let him do what he wanted...it is his bedroom after all.  He hit a minimum amount of stuff removed, so mission accomplished.

I had the volcano ready to go pretty early in the morning, but Isaac was having a good time playing with his sand, so we didn't get around to it.  He had his last swimming lesson.  My overall impression was "meh."  I felt like he did a lot of sitting on the edge of the pool, which is just cold.  We did go early so he was able to swim in a life jacket a bit, and I got him to do a few things that the instructor wanted him to do.  He doesn't like water in his face, and it's a problem.

When we got home he wanted to do the volcano.  It was late, but why not.  So we did.

No comments: