Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday: Isaac's birthday party

Isaac had his birthday party today!  He was rather excited, especially by the time the party came around.  Luckily, getting ready for the party went much better than I expected.  Usually I feel like I'm prepping and cleaning all day, but this time the boys played well for a bit in the morning and I got everything done pretty quickly.  So Isaac's room and the sink even got cleaned. :D


Flurry's been escaping into the garage lately.  She likes the tops of cars.

Isaac decorated his cake with sprinkles.  There are a lot of sprinkles.

We had a sandwich bar.  I thought it worked rather well, as everything could be set out at once.

We had a sandwich bar because Isaac wanted peanut butter and nutella for his birthday dinner.  Then he barely touched his sandwich.

The kids' table.  Joshua was a bit clingy today, but was ok for the first half while he could still see me.

Presents!

Pinwheel!

Opening marbles.

Opening a craft that you paint.

The cake!

And ice cream in a cone, as requested.  But then he barely ate either of them.

Ben showing Isaac how to use his new flashlight.  It doesn't have batteries, because I'm sick of changing batteries.  And I thought he might like the winding feature.

Duplos!

After all of that, he was still so excited.  He really wants to play with his new play-doh things.  I went up around 10 because it had gotten dark in his room and he was still wide awake.  He had barely had any sugar, so it must have just been excitement.  I was feeling kind of bad for him, so we gave him his new duplos to play with for a bit.  I figured it was a compromise - he still got to play with his new toys but still had to stay in bed.  And he often falls asleep while playing with Duplos, so it isn't out of the question that he'll fall asleep.  However, with the amount of noise that is coming through the monitor right now, it might not be soon.

1 comment:

betsy said...

Glad the weather cooperated to be out on the deck!