Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday: Oobleck

Today I thought we'd make Oobleck.  It worked because it was a beautiful day out!  It felt like a nice day in September, not the beginning of November.

Anyway, I'd recommend Oobleck.  1) Easy to make.  2) It's messy.  We did it outside, which was perfect.  3) It is the easiest thing to clean up ever.  A lot of it can be brushed off.  If it can't be brushed off, it just needs to hit a stream of water and it dissolves.  Awesome.  4) If you add color too it it takes a while for the color to fully mix, so you can see the color swirls for a while.  Like adding food coloring to water, but slower.  (Note: however, I'd recommend against having your young child get red food coloring in the same place he hurt his lip.  It looks bad and as though you are a bad mom for not taking care of your child.)  5) Isaac and Joshua enjoyed it.  It lasted for about an hour, which is pretty good.

Let's see...what else happened today?  Oh, I found out why people don't use a walking lawnmower to pick up their leaves.  It doesn't work well.  However, the lawn really needs to be mowed so I did it anyway, emptying the bag every two minutes.  But now the bin is full of long grass that grew really well and chopped up leaves, and I didn't finish mowing the grass.  It meant I could take a nap, which I was completely fine with doing.

I won a game of racquetball against Ben, 16-14.  He proceeded to win the next game as normal.  Well, let me take that back.  He didn't actually win because we didn't finish it because the first game took too long and our time was up.

No comments: