Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Vacation Day 5: crazy bounce, guys' day

We took the kids to Crazy Bounce.  Isaac had been asking to go to a greenhouse with one bounce thing, so I figured he'd be very excited about this.  It was much bigger than I expected.  And we had the place to ourselves for about an hour, which was awesome.

I also got to go on them, which I didn't think was going to happen.  Well, I thought maybe once or twice, but I went on them a lot!

Katy and I also did the velcro race thingy.  I won the first time, and during the second one Katy pulled off a spectacular win, staying with the cord stretched at it almost maximum longer than I thought possible.



The tank was Joshua's favorite.  A little climbing, a little sliding.  Just right.

The tiger was not his favorite, because he got a "carpet" burn going down it.  Next to it is the polar bear, which was probably Isaac's favorite.  It was the biggest.

The castle was a hit with both boys too.  They starting playing "Royal Puppies save the queen" and the puppies came out in full force for the rest of the time there, and even the rest of the day a little bit.  Even Isaac started "woofing" a lot, and he usually doesn't do that around other people.

The guys went to Craig's Cruisers, out for lunch, and then a movie.

Meanwhile we played in the basement a bit.


And then went outside again.


The guys came home and everyone was rather tired, so they watched some video games.  Joshua fell asleep; I stuffed some fudge in his mouth to help him wake up.

It was a long day for me too.  But I at least waited until after dinner for a little nap.

Once the kids were in bed we played poker, a throwback to our days in grad school when we played it on a regular basis.  There was a lot of laughter.

We also realized that we often tell our kids to do things that we don't do.  Case in point, not trying a food because it looked yucky.

We also had a water spill, which seems to be a rather common occurrence too.
Merp.

No comments: