Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday: funny things

I'll talk about camping soon, but in the meantime the boys were especially funny today.

1. We were playing mini golf and I told Joshua he couldn't touch the decorations.  He asked if he could touch the bricks around the edge of the holes.  I said yes, as of course you can touch those and he had been balancing on them earlier.  Right after I said that, on his way to the next hole, he bends down to touch one.  Almost like he was defying me...except that it was ok.

2. Isaac was talking about water bottles on the way home and how the one he was using had a good seal.  I said, "arf arf arf."  Ben said, "ARF ARF."  Two minutes later Isaac bursts out laughing, saying that he gets the joke.

3. As part of Joshua's bedtime routine, the adult has to fill up his water bottle so that he can hide under his blanket.  Ben read to him and left the room, bringing Joshua's other blanket with him.  I hid under the blanket and brought him the water.  I had to say "no" in a low voice a few times, and then I left the room.  Ben went back under the blanket.  Joshua pulled the blanket of Ben and said, "WHAT?!?  You were pretending to be Mom?!?!"  Ben told him it was a trick and that it had been me, and for the next several minutes he mumbled to himself about the trick.

No comments: