Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday: friends and naps

This morning we had no plans.  No plans tends to be a problem for me, so I checked in with a friend to see if they were available.  They were!  Joshua and I spent a happy morning at a different location playing and taking a walk.

On the way home Joshua fell asleep.  I was a bit annoyed, but then decided to work with it.  I unbuckled him, opened the car door and the garage door, made him a lunch, and took a nap myself.  It really worked out very well.  He woke up and came in.  I called to him to come find me, but he found his lunch instead.  By the time he finished his lunch it was screen time.  Ta-da!  It almost never works out that well.

Ice skating went pretty well today.  Joshua just did his own thing on the ice.  I decided I'm fine with that.  The teacher checked in with him a few times and tried to get him to participate, but he didn't want to.  He's skating and half of learning at this point is just practicing.  Isaac again doubled his speed and it only took him two minutes to get across the short dimension of the rink.  I saw his form getting better...a few more bent knees and a few times with one foot off the ice.

No comments: