Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thursday: raspberry prep and other stuff

It's exam week, so my schedule is wackier than normal.  I also have an exam in the last exam slot, Friday at 12:30pm.  (Note - the students were not happy about this.  However, I warned them several times not to make arrangements to go home, start jobs, etc.  For once, students listened!  I did have one change to the other section's time slot due to a job, but he at least asked first.  Anyway...)  I was working this morning and instead of grading like I should have been doing I instead worked on making a program to grade for me.  It was about 1000x more interesting than grading, and I can at least pretend that it will help the grading go faster later.

This afternoon we started raspberry prep with CC.  We got dirt and some barrier stuff and a fence. 


It turns out we only got enough dirt, but we also don't have the raspberry plants yet so there is enough time to finish it up.  Putting it all together was easier than I expected and the kids had a blast.  I think they especially enjoyed hammering the dirt.  It had clumps in it that were unacceptable.

Isaac wanted me to take a picture of his Fun Dip so that he "can remember it forever."  Since it'll get lost in the plethora of pictures, I'll put it here so there is a slightly better chance.

No comments: