Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tuesday: made it through

Today was actually pretty good.  Except for a few parts.

The first was the morning.  Joshua wanted banana bread for breakfast.  We don't have any more.  That set him off.  So he wanted a special granola bar.  I don't really know what that means, but the answer was no...he could have a normal granola bar.  He proceeded to throw his slipper at me.  Since we're working on not throwing things when he's mad, he went in time out...and proceeded to try and throw the rug.  Then he didn't want to get dressed before breakfast, but I use that time to make breakfast, so I made him get dressed anyway.  He finally calmed down, got dressed, and told me the normal granola bar was the kind he wanted.

After that my sinuses wouldn't stop filling up.  Seriously, every ten or so minutes they were completely full, which makes it hard to do anything.  I quickly gave up and worked from home, where the tissues are plenty.  I also got some different medicine this afternoon and it might be helping.  I still need to blow my nose and I feel a bit of sinus pressure, but I don't feel quite so miserable.  (Ask me again tomorrow though. :D)

During snack time Isaac was making dinosaur noises and Joshua was correctly identifying them.  Isaac would let out a squawk and Joshua said, "pterodactyl" and Isaac said, "yes!"  Then he did some other sound and Joshua said, "t-rex" and Isaac said, "yes!"  I have no idea how my sons have the same sound for an animal that no longer exists and isn't in animal noise books.

No comments: