Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tuesday: you are my puppies

"You are my puppies, my only puppies, you make me happy, when skies are grey.  You'll never know how, much I love you.  Please don't take my puppies away.  Woof-woof-woof."

I sang this this evening and both boys liked it...until Isaac paid attention to the last part of the song.  Then he got weepy about the thought that he would go away from me.  I tried playing it as not a big deal...he'll leave to go to college and that is a good thing.  And then he said, "but when we both die we'll see each other in heaven."  Yeah.  It's true. 

So we got some snuggles in and talked about it a bit.  I mentioned that if he were to die before me he could see Grandma Julie.  It instantly cheered him up..."I can live with her!"  He was still a bit weepy, so we read in his Bible about heaven and how it is even more homier than our home.

No comments: