Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday: guests

We cleaned the basement up today because we were having guests, and I really don't know why we don't do it more often.  (Well, I do know.  But I still wish we did it a bit more.)  I let the rumba go and the boys played keep-away-from-the-rumba for about thirty minutes.  It's nice having the space back, at least for a bit.

It was lovely to have friends over too.  The kids played well in the water and then after dinner too.  This allowed the adults to talk and it was nice to get to know everyone a bit better.  Joshua tried teaching two of the girls Sleeping Queens.  This is especially hard since Joshua barely knows all the rules.  Isaac ended up joining in, and that worked better...or at least I think it did; I didn't actually see any of the game.

No comments: