Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thursday: life

Joshua had his four year old check up two days ago.  He is in the 16% for weight and 22% for height.  These follow his growth charts pretty well, so no worries there.

This morning we did water balloons.  The boys enjoyed them, although we went through them pretty quickly.

This evening we went to the playground with one of Isaac's classmates.  They're in the same class next year, so that will be nice.  We started to take a walk with them and then turned around because Isaac's stomach was off.   (It was also bedtime.)  He ended up throwing the biggest tantrum that he's ever thrown.  He wanted to show me something on a map, but since it was after the car I said no.  (If we can't finish the walk, we can't look at the map.  It made sense to me.)  It did not make sense to him and I had many tears and several times that he stopped walking.  Joshua and I kept walking, always keeping him in sight.  The last time to the car he stood still for a respectably long time, but then "decided to make the right decision" and walked to the car.  It was a good decision, because I was going to uncomfortably carry him if I had to go back to get him.

We had a few other issues when we got home, and it ended up with me telling Isaac that he couldn't eat his carrots because it was time for bed.  It felt like a weird thing to say.

I had Ben put Isaac to bed.  I kept my cool, but was rather done with it all.

No comments: