Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tuesday: first day of school

It was raining this morning.  We got some pictures when the rain had paused.



Right after the pictures it started to downpour.  Ben just happened to be leaving at the same time and agreed to take Isaac so that Isaac could be dropped off much closer to the door.  It...was probably a bad plan.  Apparently it was barely raining by the time they got to the school and the parking lot was pure chaos.  Ben made it through though, and even managed to snap the picture I asked him to take. :D

Isaac said he had a good day.  I felt like I has having a hard time getting a reading on him, but I don't know if I was putting my feelings on him or if it was a good day but kind of boring because it is all the beginning of the year stuff.

Yesterday I couldn't believe I had a first grader, but today what really hit me is that my youngest is in the preschool room now.  I feel like once Isaac got into preschool he got a ton older.  I got a full report from him when the day was done...we 'played, cleaned up, watched an ice cream show, made a craft, washed our hands, had a snack, played, cleaned up, had lunch, took a nap, then Ms. Colleen was there, played, washed my hand, sat down, I got veggie straws, you picked me up!"  He also told me about some of the kids (there or not there) as we passed their pictures on the way out.


It was also my first day of school, and as first days always go, it was busy.  There was some extra stuff to do and things weren't quite as prepared as I would have liked.  (Prepared enough, just not super awesome prepared.)  I also did a ton of talking.  Besides that though, everything seemed to go ok.  ...including the super boring lesson that makes up the first day of the excel class.

No comments: