Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thursday: names

Today was the first day that I tried to remember my students' names.  This tends to be about a month long process since I see the backs of their heads twice a week, but I usually get most of them.  (One semester I had a "J" corner where all the guys' names started with J and I could never keep them straight.  There are usually one or two that don't put their name tags up or move seats that I miss too.)  Now, I won't remember their names come January, but it is helpful for the short term.

I find I remember names of students best if they are also names of friends or family.  However, today I also had an Everett and Chase and I'm afraid I'm going to remember the names because they're on Paw Patrol.

We got this picture from Isaac's teacher yesterday.

No comments: