Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Thursday: around

Today we stopped by Hope College.  I confirmed that over the summer CIT upgraded all the computers to Microsoft Office 2016.  This is a bit of a problem as I ordered the 2010 book again.  Now, it isn't a huge problem because there are only a few things that really change, but...it would have been nice to have been notified.  I was hoping to keep using 2010 one more year and then jump to 2019.  Students have been doing their homework on 2016 for quite a while, so I think we're going to use 2016 and deal with any problems as they arise.  I've also been using 2016 at home, so I more-or-less know my way around it.

We also finally took pictures of Joshua's quilt and picked up a card holder for him.

We played one round of sleeping queens and one round of Uno.  Uno was a bit more fun because Uno is much better with three players, but Joshua only tolerated being on his own team, even with a lot of help.

We've been reading "The book with no pictures" a lot lately and at one part I have to say, "my head is a blueberry pizza."  So today we made a blueberry lemon pizza and it was delicious.

Note the flashlight.  In the middle of baking the light bulb on top of us burned out.  Joshua immediately said, "I got it!" and ran off.  I had no idea what was going on.  He returned with his flashlight so that we would have enough light.



No comments: