Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday: all's well that ends well

Joshua and I started out the day with a puzzle.  Isaac will sometimes join me, but Joshua seems to enjoy them more.

I also found some of his work from yesterday that I found funny.
Write an opinion piece to tell why you like a food the best.  Opinion: I love love pancakes.  Caption: Funny face pancakes  Reason 1: They are delicious.

Reason 2: You can bring them home! Reason 3: You can put syrup on them.

Fast forward to the time we were going to pick up Isaac.  I was in Ben's car because mine was having some work done.  I get to almost the end of the neighborhood road and suddenly I can't shift into gear anymore.  I try several gears.  I pull over to the side.  I still can't shift into gear.  It's a bit awkward since I don't drive this car much, but at the same time I am confident that something is wrong.  I restart the car (like a computer).  I call Ben.  We find out I can put the car in gear if the car is off, but then the car doesn't start.  He comes to the rescue, quickly leaving work to pick up Isaac.

While we were waiting Joshua did a good job of distracting me, although I managed to worry about a good many things.  We talked about the hazard lights, because I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've actually used them for a hazard.  (We were in a safe place, but it was pretty close to a minor intersection.)  I realized I had forgotten to turn off the dryer and so we talked about why you do that.  I realized that Joshua didn't have a coat because it was going to be a quick pick-up.  He told me he was warm though.


Before too long Ben arrived to save us.  (Let's be very thankful at this point that he had a work vehicle today!  There are other options and other people that could have helped, but it was nice to not bother them.)  Anyway, he gets to the car and diagnoses the problem right away: the clutch was stuck in.  He unstuck it and away we went.

While I did feel somewhat foolish for calling him home over such a slight problem, it's also never one I've encountered before.  It also isn't a car that I drive very often, so I didn't realize that the clutch wasn't moving properly.  We were both relieved to not have to deal with a bigger issue.

No comments: