Thursday, January 6, 2022

Wednesday: snow day!

Well, contrary to my prediction there was a snow day today!  I was rather surprised when I woke up...we didn't have any additional snow and the wind didn't seem to be too bad.  However, it did get worse as the day went on and it was probably the right call for when school got out.

Isaac did a ton of origami.  Hours worth.  Almost every time I saw him he was working on something.  (Except for screen time, of course.)

Joshua, on the other hand, was all over the place.  He decided to make a schedule to follow what he'd normally do in school.  We followed it a bit, but I'm also the first to admit that doing 12 math problems probably took significantly less time than math would have in school.

We had a reading time.  Both boys decided to curl up with lanterns under their blankets for some reason.

Joshua lead me through a craft to make a map and a treasure box.  It turns out he doesn't have very good spatial awareness as his room is about 20 feet away from the bathroom that shares a wall with his bedroom.  I expect it's normal.

He also did a ton of bouncing and making videos of him screaming about something.

Add in some screen time and you have the day!  There's a snow day tomorrow too.  If the roads end up being ok I'd like to do some errands, but we'll see how it goes I guess.

No comments: