Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday: could have skipped this morning

 It felt like all the small things were going wrong this morning.  I missed picking up a library book.  I forgot to pay a bill, some measurements for a quilt block were wrong (and the pieces were already cut), and the rumba kept thinking it was stuck.

So I put the library book back on hold.  I paid the bill.  I figured out the new piece sizes.  I didn't really fix the rumba, but I put it back on the charger to hopefully reset.

And then I took a nap.  I was pretty annoyed with myself and knew that a nap would help reset my perspective.  It helped that Grey Bear was waiting for me.

Poor Grey Bear.  He rarely gets the respect he deserves.

It did.

I got a few more things done before it was time to pick up the kids.  Karate boot camp was this evening.  It went well...enough.  The second test is next week.  We didn't have a ton of time with self-defense, but we at least got through all of them.  I messed up a little bit on most of the forms, and one of the forms I messed up a bit more on.  That form I realized I was doing a few things wrong, and trying to fix them and keep pace is hard for me.

No comments: