Monday, April 3, 2023

Monday: stuff

 This morning it felt like we did a bunch of the stuff on the kids' lists that we haven't had time for recently: finishing up an art project, making root beer, playing games.  We had an early lunch and after rest time started Joshua's Holland Scavenger Hunt.  Since they had eye appointments, we selected a few of the items that were sort of on the way.

It started in the graveyard.  I didn't know which side of the street to look on, so that lead to some frustration.  (Especially since there was a time limit.)  Eventually we got on the other side of the street and found the correct gravestones.

We then had to find a house with Veneklasan brick. The first one, to which we were given a location, was probably the right bricks but didn't have the distinctive two colors.  A bit down the road was another one that seemed more representative.

The appointments went fine.  When we got back I made the kids go around the lake with me.  My goal for the next test is to be able to run 1/8 mile, fast walk 6/8 miles, and then run the last 1/8 mile in under 12:55.  (I know, this isn't an amazing goal.  But it's mine, and I do not enjoy running.)  I did hit the time goal, which is the most important, but I did have to pause it a few times for the kids to catch up.  They were on their scooters so I thought this wouldn't be a problem, but apparently the roads were bumpier than I remember and so they kept getting off the scooters.

No comments: