Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tuesday: Isaac

 Isaac took the ELA M-step today.  It was an all-day affair.  He has a little bit left to go tomorrow, but he doesn't think it should be very long.  But it's a long time of sitting and concentrating and writing, and ELA is by far his least favorite subject.

So when he asked to go rock climbing after school, I really wanted to make it happen for him.  We weren't able to go until later in the evening, but that ended up working out really well.  The gym was pretty empty, but his teacher, who is the nicest guy ever, was climbing there too.

Isaac was working on a V2 route, which is rather hard.  At the top was the tricky part, and it's scary to have the tricky part at the top.  Furthermore, the teacher suggested a new move for Isaac which basically put him horizontal for a short time.  I didn't see any holds up there so I was a bit nervous for him.  But, well, there are soft mats if he falls.  Anyway, he made it.  The whole gym was excited for him.

(This picture was a little bit after the scary part.  I may have been exaggerating when I said horizontal, but that's what my Mom brain thought.)


No comments: