Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday: pop

While in St. Lucia I started drinking Coke. Usually I'm not really a fan of it, but after a few glasses we realized it was made with real sugar and not high-fructose corn syrup. The can I had on the airplane on the trip home was disgusting after the delicious stuff I had come to enjoy.

Needless to say, we went to Wegmans today to see what they had in the way of real sugar in pop. We found some throwback Pepsi and got some of that, along with some Jones soda. For some reason I thought that Coke was doing a throwback thing too, but I guess I was wrong. :( Well, I can hope that they do it in the future.

3 comments:

Han said...

I think Coke in Mexico is also made with real sugar, so real-sugar coke availability seems to depend on your geographical location. Maybe you can order coke from Mexico?

betsy said...

Funny - I just read this article in the GR Press about Sugar vs. Corn Syrup the other day and how there was no scientific evidence for them affecting your body differently... but they didn't talk about taste! I can't find the exact one online, but here is something related...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100914/ap_on_bi_ge/us_corn_syrup_image

Ertman-Trowbridge Family said...

We love the Pepsi Throwback, but it is very hard to find and it is only a "limited edition" thing. We rarely have soda in the house but if we do it is all natural and made with pure cane sugar.