Saturday, September 11, 2010

vacation day 8: scuba diving

Today we went scuba diving. It was a nice day for it because it was cloudy and periodically rainy, but that doesn't matter much when you're u deer water. Since we couldn't take pictures of the cool things that we saw, we made the hand motions afterwards.

We dove twice. The first dive I kind of was having a hard time...I couldn't sink and needed help staying down. but we got to play with a sea spider, saw some eels waiting for food with their big teeth, and lots of iridescent fish and coral. I also got to scare some sea anemones. The second dive went much better. I still didn't sink very well, but I also didn't float right to the top either. I figured out how to sink somewhat, so could control my position a lot more.

We saw a huge sea turtle. I have no idea what it was doing, but it looked it like was just trying to climb the coral.



We also saw another eel. this one was much larger than the others and was moving around.



We also saw a lobster.




No comments: