Friday, September 3, 2010

Vacation day 1

Today started when I woke up before my alarm. It was rather sad, but at least I had some quiet chores to do before Ben woke up. Then Jess came over for breakfast! We've never done breakfast before, but then usually I need to work during breakfast time. It was nice.

Then Ben and I started our pre trip errands...hair cut, oil change,and package shipment. With labor day weekend, we were a little nervous that they were going to take forever...and they really didn't! We got right in at every place. and to top it off, I met Kaylee from Firefly. ok, maybe it wasn't her but it was who she would be if she lived now and not in a time of spaceships. she was one of the mechanics at the garage, looked a little bit like her, and even talked like Kaylee talked about starship engines. It was awesome.

The drive went ok. We had quite a bit of traffic around Harrisberg, but everything else wasn't too bad. We ate at a recommended restaurant. I had polenta. I thought it was going to be a pasta type dish based on the other ingredients in it, but it wasn't. It was still really good, but I had no idea what I was eating (besides cheese and tomatoes...I could identify those.). Anyway, it's a "peasant" food made from corn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polenta)

and now we're in the hotel! It'll be an early morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Missed y'all tonight! -Dusty